MATTHEW QUINN'S KITCHEN AT KIPS BAY PALM BEACH SHOWHOUSE





OK....all of you are forgiven....I received many comments about SW Pure White.  Apparently I was giving it a bad rap.  To be honest I was acting more like a client than a designer!  Yup....looking at a white swatch and forgetting that when it is up it will probably just read white:)

Thanks for talking me off the ledge!

I haven't seen it yet and my contractor has sent me some pics but hard to tell.  I won't be there until after Christmas so that is when the screaming or jumping for joy will happen.....ha ha.

Either way.....1st world problems.

I am still in Florida but leaving in a few hours so trying to crank this baby out!

As promise all the details about Matthew Quinn's Kips Bay Palm Beach Showhouse kitchen.

First of all it did not disappoint.  I think it's safe to say that if you do something for 20 years or more you are quite the expert and this guy knows how to WOW us with his honed skill.


I did not get the cabinet color but the ceiling was painted a beautiful pale blue.
I got to see the before pictures and it was a dark space with dark cabinets.  There were no windows in this kitchen at all but he added lots of light and "bling" to resolve that issue. 

This Natasha Baradaran Pari Pendant from R Hughes light fixture was the crown jewel!

Another way he lightened up the space was by adding mirrors.  The one on the left was a door door [which he mirrored] and he created symmetry by adding the mirror on the RHS.  Perfection!
The Phillip Jeffries wallpaper was another perfect element.

 I took this shot from Matthew's Instagram of the dry bar area....

This was after it had been styled by Ric Parish:)

The floors had to stay but [in my opinion] I did not mind them at all....I asked about the bar stools and he got them on All Modern but he recovered them!

Guess where this gorgeous wood bowl came from?

HomeGoods!  I can just see him grabbing that sucker and clutching it close like gold.  

I think this faucet was Kohler.

Shelf styling:)


Gorgeous velvet curtains [Designs By Sudi]

I'm pretty sure that the quartz countertops were Cambria!

Great pullout coffee bar!

Beautiful Matthew Quinn collection hardware....of course mixing metals.

Are you dying yet?  I am so glad I got to see it in person because to me it was so much prettier!

OK.....gotta get dressed and get to the airport so I can go home and put out all the fires [I knew I would pay for this little side trip when I have so much going on!]

Shawowed




3 comments

Matthew Quinn said...

Sherry Hart...you never disappoint! Thanks for making the haul to poor ole’ Palm Beach and making me laugh the entire time you were there. Glad you got to see it. MQ

Anonymous said...

Do you know the brand and color of the pale blue ceiling, please? I want to do this too.

Thanks

Unknown said...

Sherry, thank you for posting an image of my artwork in the kitchen area! for more info visit my website at austinkerr.com

Back to Top